Sunday 22 August 2010

What a Lovely Way To Spend An Evening


I can date this photograph exactly because we were in Singapore for only twenty three hours and so, according to the stamps in my old passport, it must have been the evening of 4th January 1999. It was a stop-off on 'round-the-world' tickets. We arrived, without telling my friend from University (far right in the picture) or his wife (next right) that we were arriving: just called him up and said "What are you doing this evening?" So they came and picked us up at the hotel and took us to dine at the Singapore Cricket Club. He gave me a pair of club cufflinks, as a souvenir: overall, a lovely way to spend an evening.

Right click to enlarge the picture.

3 comments:

  1. Nice photo. Thanks for sharing.JTGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure you aren't Lord Lucan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...especially since I live in South America...

    ReplyDelete